Mayor Regina Romero has signed an emergency proclamation requiring masks to be worn in public.
Residents are to wear a face mask when in public and whenever possible starting this Saturday at 6am.
- Children under the age of five
- People who cannot medically tolerate wearing a face covering
- People who are hearing impaired or communicate with the hearing impaired
- Law enforcement officers and other individuals who would create risk related to their work as determined by local, state federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines
- People who are receiving a service that involve their nose, face or head
- People who are eating or drinking at a restaurant or food and beverage service establishment.
- People who are in a public place together and live in the same household or a part of a party of 10 or less
- People who are engaging in outdoor work, recreation or exercise
- People who are incarcerated
- People who are swimming